The Fate of Iris

In Greek mythology, Iris was the daughter of Thaumas and the ocean nymph Electra and one of the Oceanids, the personification of the rainbow and messenger of the gods. As the rainbow unites Earth and heaven, Iris was the messenger of the gods to men.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

music....

the sound of music is soothing to one and all. it is the essence and meaning of my life. i can relate myself to music. they take me deep into my thoughts, to places where i have never been before, they realize me of the experiences that i never had. surreal. that is the one word which can describe my experience with music. few days back i had gone to watch a hindi film. the film was good, but the music made it excellent. it made me relate to the film. it kind of kindled a sense of patriotism in me. the voice lent to the music lifted my spirits. i wanted to dance, let loose myself. dance as if no one is watching me. Iris, she listens to the music, but not through her ears. her eyes sees it, her skin feels it. the gentle breeze helps her in identifying it. the grace of her body strikes you. she is the ultimate dancer. nature has its own mysteries. it takes away from you something but gives you such talent that you dont need the earthly attributes. Iris is earthly with the gift of nature.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Sasik said...

hehe here goes my guess abt someof the attributes of Iris

she has no ears only eyes and skin. she moves (das babu says she dances, but am not sure abt limb mobility)

das babu, whats this poetical thing that you fell in love with?!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

abe kya ho gaya hai? aaj kal maxxo poetic ho gaya hai tu? Kisi literature student ko impress kar raha hai kya? Cheer up man...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home